We are very pleased to celebrate the first year of Girbau LAB, the open innovation platform of Girbau Group. Up untill now, we have worked in new solutions for the laundry industry, and expanded our innovation ecosystem globally. Here are some of our achievements.
- We have launched 16 projects, evaluated 100 and we have opened 300 innovative opportunities for the laundry industry.
- We have started 7 projects with startups. There is already an investment made with MyPoppins, the first digital home services marketplace. Girbau is the only corporate and industrial player in MyPoppins’ shareholding.
- We have started 2 editions of the iDrivers intrapreurship programme in Girbau Group Spain, with 15 Girbau workers involved and 5 projects in progress. The team of the first edition received the ADNIntraprèn award.
- We have started 1st edition of the iDrivers International , the intrapreneurship programme in Girbau Group International, with 11 worldwide workers involved from Australia, China, France, República Dominicana, Russia, UK and USA.
- We have launched 2 technological projects for new business in the laundry industry from 127 applications from 20 countries in the IndTech Challenge Project .
- We have built our innovation ecosystem and made agreements with entities like BCN Tech City, IQS Tech Factory, Catalan Water Partnership, Elisava, Eurecat, Leitat, Fundación Scientia – First Tech Challenge and UPC.
- We have been as speakers, mentors, assistants or visitors in several congress, events and innovation tours: Silicon Valley, IoT World Congress , Mobile World Congress, 4YFN , MIT Boston , Advanced Factories Congress, Viva Technology 2019, IQSNextTech , FTCSpain , among others.
Thank you to everyone who contribute Girbau LAB to be a reality!